10 Best Foods Before & After Barre
Maximize the benefits of your workout
As a barre lover, I know that a good workout is only half the battle with fitness. To get the most out of your barre and pilates classes, you need to fuel your body with the right foods. Here are the top 10 foods to eat before and after your workouts:
- Bananas – Bananas are a great pre-workout snack because they’re easy to digest and provide a quick source of energy.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is a great choice because it’s a complex carbohydrate that provides sustained energy. Add some nuts or fruit for extra flavor and nutrition.
- Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt is a good source of protein, which helps build and repair muscle tissue. Add some berries or granola for extra carbs and flavor.
- Whole Grain Toast – Whole grain toast with nut butter provides a combination of carbs and protein that’s great for sustained energy and muscle repair.
- Smoothie – A smoothie with fruit, spinach, and protein powder is a great way to get a mix of carbs, protein, and nutrients before your workout.
- Quinoa – Quinoa is a great post-workout food because it’s a good source of protein and contains all nine essential amino acids that help with muscle repair and growth.
- Sweet Potato – Sweet potatoes are a good source of complex carbohydrates and potassium, which helps with muscle recovery.
- Eggs – Eggs are a good source of protein, which helps repair muscle tissue. Pair with whole grain toast for extra carbs.
- Salmon – Salmon is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties and help with muscle recovery.
- Berries – Berries are a good source of antioxidants, which help with inflammation and recovery. Add some yogurt for protein and extra flavor.
Remember, the key is to fuel your body with a mix of carbs, protein, and nutrients before and after your workouts. Stick to whole foods and avoid processed snacks or sugary drinks. With the right fuel, you’ll be able to power through your barre and pilates classes and see results in no time.
Redlands Barre Founder & Co-Owner